Archived Ride UK
- Wheel Fiddling
- Chain Tension
- How Tight is Tight?
- Isn’t that bike a bit small for you mate?
- Bent Frame Spotting
- Click Click Click
- Living in a Material World…
- Bottom Brackets AGAIN!!!
- Flying Tonight?
- Bottom Bracket Compendium
- Steering Geometry
- Three Piece Crank Fitting
- They’re playing R-Tune… (groan)
- What the hell is a hidden headset?
- Avoid bicycle maintenance bloodlust
- Lard inspired quest for reliability and tranquility
- Wheel Truing
- Super Small Gearing
- Frame Design Details
- Euro/USA Bottom Brackets
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Can I get some stickers please?
A. USA residents can get G-Sport stickers through Odyssey by sending them a self-addressed stamped envelope and letting them know you’d like some G-Sport stickers. International requests can be fulfilled by our distributors.
- Q. Why are the hubs so big?
A. Big things are generally stronger than little things, when you hollow out a big thing it can often also be lighter than something smaller. So although our hubs are big on the outside there is a lot of air inside. Having a big axle and big bearings means that the hub ends up pretty big overall, but it also ends up strong, smooth and light. There is also no shortage of space inside a wheel so why not make the most of it. So quit looking at the middle of your wheels while you ride and concentrate on how fast you are going.
- Q. How long do the bearings last?
A. If you look after the bike then there is no reason that the bearings shouldn’t last almost indefinitely. I get plenty of emails from owners of hubs that are 5 or even 10 years old looking for their first set of replacements. Even less well looked after it is very unusual for a set of hub bearings to last less than 2 years. Obviously if you set out to destroy them and ride through rivers etc and wash all the lube out then they wont last as long, but they will always outlast other hubs.
- Q. I wanted to buy a limited edition colour part, but I left it too late and missed out. Can I buy the colour I want direct or get a special order?
A. Sorry, but the answer is no. The limited edition runs are just that, limited. You can check round bike shops for old stock or scour Ebay or get creative with some spray paint but when they are gone, they are gone.
- Q. Why dont G-Sport make parts other than wheel stuff?
A. G-Sport is focused on wheel parts because wheels are so important to a bike, just as important as a frame. I do work on other parts under the Odyssey brand.
George French Q&A
Do you have a question for George? Read through the list of reader submitted questions below and if your question still isn’t answered, fill out the form at the bottom.
If you have a problem with a part and need technical help or warranty then please use email. The email address is on the “contact” page linked at the bottom.